Best of 2016 – Rebecca Diem’s Recommended Reads
In between all the writing and touring and tweeting, I actually managed to make more time to read this year! As per usual, I am terrible at keeping track of the exact number, but I’d say it averages out to 3-4 per month, and more when I find a series I love.
So, while I begin my winter writing season and the rest of you wait for Book #4 of the Tales of the Captain Duke, I wanted to share some of my favourite reads of 2016. Books that captured my imagination and sent me scrambling to find the author on Twitter. Or, actually, a few I met on Twitter, who sent me scrambling to the bookstore find everything they’ve ever written.
I’m pleased to present my Best of 2016!*
1. The Fifth Season – N.K. Jemisin
2. Eleanor & Park – Rainbow Rowell
3. Fifteen Dogs – Andre Alexis
4. One Day We’ll All Be Dead And None Of This Will Matter – Scaachi Koul (2017)
5. Milk and Honey – Rupi Kaur
6. Star Wars: Bloodline – Claudia Gray
7. A Darker Shade of Magic – V.E. Schwab
*(not necessarily published in 2016, but books that I read in 2016.)